I’ll make this short and sweet, for all of you drooling over the picture already.
Don’t be deceived by the chicken and cabbage that this is healthy…it’s not…but it sure is delicious!!
I’ve made these sandwiches a few times and i’ve tweaked the recipe a little each time; this was my favorite.
I come from a huge Sicilian family. We cook expecting company, going back for not just seconds, but thirds (otherwise Nana thinks either you didn’t like it or you’re on a diet and need “meat on your bones”), and leftovers.
Ingredients for Chicken:
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Montreal’s Steak Seasoning
1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons Spicy Brown Mustard
Ingredients for Coleslaw:Top Secret KFC Coleslaw Recipe
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels
2. Apply generous amount of seasoning to both sides
3. Put in Crockpot and add all other ingredients
4. Set Crockpot on low or 8-hour setting (go make Coleslaw; it needs time to sit and soak up flavor before serving!!)
5. After 2 hours check if its cooked through; if it is, put checked on cutting board and shred with 2 forks
6. Add back to Crockpot for 2 hours or until ready to serve
7.Toast bread:Ten minutes before serving, put rolls in a 375 degree oven to toast. I used fresh baked Artisan bread from Costco. I’ve made this before and used a French loaf and also cheese rolls. The Artisan bread has been my favorite!
8. Put a healthy serving of coleslaw on bread, scoop chicken on top, grab a few napkins, Enjoy!!
Until my munchkin’s next nap time: breathe and enjoy the flavor of yummy food! Smile while your cooking; it changes the way it tastes, I promise! Go for a walk. This time of year is filled with really good hearty foods and amazing desserts, but there’s also beautiful fall leaves and cool, crisp mornings. Walk a little more so you don’t feel so guilty about all of the deliciousness.